See if we can connect the dots between:
- A gut-instinct that makes one feel like apocalyptic closure is inevitable.
- A single-minded focus on individual interests.
- The urge to model behaviours we see as empowering to our inner inclinations (mafiosos copying the
Godfather, shooters dressing up as Bane, Kick-Ass, any kid that plays make-believe)
- A lack of in-depth consideration of broader consequence, to ourselves or others.
- An inconsiderate amount of attention being paid to risk.
There's a puzzle here that isn't too hard to put together; we just have to be conscious in doing so. Like any 3D puzzle it's easiest to start with the pieces at the centre. Where does behaviour originate?