Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Thursday 14 November 2013

Mark Towhey: Courage Under Fire




It doesn't matter who's boss - in times of crisis (and politics is often perpetual crisis, though rarely to the massive, self-inflicted degree we've seen with Rob Ford) people will look to the person who remains focused, professional, gives good direction and never loses sight of team morale.  Whatever their title or position, that person becomes the de facto leader.

By every account I've read (and, notably, none from Towhey himself), Ford's former Chief of Staff was that kind of leader.

I don't know the guy - I imagine we would disagree on all kinds of policy matters.  Based on what's come to light so far, though, he is someone I respect and would have confidence in to competently lead a team towards completion of mission.

That's more than I would say for many.


No comments:

Post a Comment