Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Sunday 15 September 2013

The Celluloid Heart of Darkness


 
 
A great article on why we like horror films.  I have dedicated a bit of my thinking time to horror over the years - why we do it and how we react to it.   
 
For my part, I've always been compelled to face horror up-front, partially to allow me greater empathy with those who live through horrific acts and could otherwise be dehumanized by those of us safely out of harm's way.  Part of the rational, though, is probably a form of self-inoculation
 
Endurance is a great survival trait to have and as they say, that which doesn't kill you...

1 comment: