Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Friday 19 October 2012

RIP Lincoln Alexander



 
Lots of people knew him affectionately as "Linc." I couldn't imagine calling him anything other than sir, something I reserve for people that I respect enormously. Lincoln Alexander fit that bill to a tee. He was a ground-breaker, a man of conviction and compassion - he was a wonderful human being.

Last time I saw him was leaving a Raptors' game, making his way along in his electric wheelchair. I felt compelled to say hello and tell him how much I respected him. He brushed all that off, told me not to call him sir, and asked how I liked the game. I told him it had been a great night.

I'm not sad at his passing - Mr. Alexander led a full life and leaves behind a legacy to be proud of. I guess I'm just grateful that we all had the fortune to be blessed by his contributions.

Rest in peace, Mr. Alexander - you've earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment