Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Friday 4 September 2015

John Tory Leading by Example






I don't think it's realistic to think that the politics will ever be completely left out - we are human, after all, and some people depend on politics for their livelihood.

Yet even for politicians, politics can sometimes be put on the backburner:


It is how we react to situations like this that makes us Canadian - a welcoming and compassionate city and country.


John Tory stepped up to the plate; he led by example.  He set a model for others to follow.  He even encouraged fellow mayors to do as he as done.

I'm sometimes ridiculed for my optimism.  On days like today, I know my belief in humanity is not misplaced.

Of course all this is just a step, but it's one that's being taken.  That's where it must begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment