Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Thursday 1 May 2014

You're Damned Right, Olivia!




Absolutely.  I couldn't agree with Olivia Chow more.

Petty, confrontational politics has been the norm for too long.  I don't know about you, but I'm getting pretty frustrated with political operatives referring to each other as "dumb" and investing in cheap stunts to belittle or even mock their opponents.

I'd expected better from John Tory, but he seems to be allowing his team to walk him away from some of the values he has been discussing.  Same, I have to say, holds true of Chow herself.  She's been going out of her way to poke opponents in the eye for the sake of bringing them down.

Real leaders don't need to put others down.  They have the strength, perseverance and communication skills to raise everyone up.

Chow hasn't done that yet, but it sounds like she's committing to doing so from here on in.  Her wording in the statement quoted above gives me hope she can.  If she can truly walk that walk, people like me might be interested.

But we'll see, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment