Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Friday 16 October 2015

E-Day





If you’ve never volunteered on an election day before, I can tell you it’s an incredible, can’t miss experience that you won’t soon forget.



It's true, this - especially if you've been invested in a campaign and a cause for the duration of the election, or even longer.



You'd think Nationbuilder might have been used a bit more effectively to ensure that those who have worked E-Days before got a slightly different message, but alas.  The mechanization of the electoral machine has led to more standardized mass-outreach initiatives to the volunteers, with personal contact being left to established insiders or new keeners.  It's the way of things.



I know where I'll be on E-Day - working in support of a cause I believe in.  It's one I've been invested in for a long, long time.



Who knows, maybe I'll see you there.




No comments:

Post a Comment