Each employee should be empowered to contribute to the success of their role and be the boss of their own role within the department.
This provides a healthy environment where workers get the opportunity to run their own venture within the company. This empowerment puts the onus on integrity, ownership and accountability over their role and KPIs.
KPI being "key performance indicator."
To be brief:
- This is what smart business are exploring now
- This is what successful political parties/government are going to start doing, too
It's all about maximizing personal potentials - strong individuals for a strong society.
How do we get there?
- Understand behavioural economics and the science of empowerment/resiliency
- Redesign work and workspaces with a focus on cognitive labour
- Open Data, Open Government, Responsible society.
It's about empowerment. Leadership always is.
Looking forward to meeting the leaders out there ready to pave the way forward; we've got a lot of work ahead of us.
It's gonna be fun.