Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Mr. Rogers Gives a Life Lesson




I wouldn't agree with that.  In fact, if I were getting all that Twitter feed that had nothing to do with me, I would probably change my Twitter handle.  Sure, it was mine first and all that, but apart from attempting to get Rogers to change their name (and even then) the problem would persist - if the goal is solution, a name-switch would be be the easiest one.

Of course, there's a voyeuristic quality to being at the receiving end of someone else's hate mail; it makes you feel a sense of inside-savvy, of superiority to have access to all that complaint.  After all, that's why any of us read comments on news sites, isn't it?  But even then if I fell for this trap, I would create a second account for personal use and work to discipline myself so as not to get lost in the wrath of Rogers' customers.  That's not healthy.

The bottom line is that there are always options; there are always proactive (or even reactive) things we can do to alter our lot in life.

If we make the choice to sit back and watch, that's our choice to make - it's worth being conscious of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment